Los Altos Hills Community Fiber is a neighborhood-owned and operated fiber-connected Gigabit internet association. To launch this service in LAH neighborhoods, we rely on neighborhood champions to identify, sign up, and provide information to potential LAHCF members in their neighborhood.
Here are the basic steps that LAH neighborhood champions perform to bring fiber internet service to their neighborhood:
What are the responsibilities of a neighborhood champion?
- Educating your neighbors about the LAHCF community-owned and operated model, technology, the costs, and their responsibilities to see the project through to completion
- Signing up participants for your project and ensuring that the Membership Agreement is signed and that funds are provided to the cooperative to get the project started
- Acting as a go-between or head communicator between your neighbors and LAHCF (and Next Level Networks)
- Ensuring that all parties involved stay on the same page throughout the project through frequent communication
For details about being a champion and the process of getting fiber in your network, please download the Guide to Being a LAHCF Champion.
How to Get Started
If you are interested in becoming a LAHCF neighborhood champion, please follow the steps below:
- Please fill out the form on the Get Service page. Indicate that you are interested in being a champion by clicking the first button on the interest-level area. Someone from LAHCF will contact you to start the process.
- Please click here to sign up for our LAHCF newsletter or scan the QR code below with your smartphone to jump to the URL.
- Please consider joining us for one (or more) of our weekly Neighborhood Champion meetings on Zoom on Friday AM at 10:30 AM when we talk about current projects and answer any questions that you might have.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85206039889?pwd=RzlkNlBNTHAvQzhRdU1IVDNIcGxpZz09
Meeting ID: 852 0603 9889